What type of COVID cleaning protocol is BPLA using?
BPLA has partnered with The Maid Brigade a national cleaning service. We have used an FDA and EDA approved treatment which protects our entire facility. In addition to the original treatment, the BPLA members and coaches are cleaning after each station and our coaches are doing an additional cleaning between our morning and evening sessions. For more information about the Pure Mist treatment please see here.
How do I sign up for a free 3 day trial at BPLA?
BPLA is excited to be taking on new members! In order to get set up with your free 3 day trial please click on our link on our home page and provide us with your contact info! A representative from the team will get back to you that same day.
Where is the BPLA parking lot located?
Parking lot is located at the Torrance Airport. Heading towards Skypark on Madison this large lot is located just past the crosswalk on your right hand side. Please be careful when crossing the street on your way to the gym.
What is an INBODY scan + is it included in my membership?
As part of your membership you have unlimited access to our INBODY scan. The INBODY, which tracks weight, skeletal muscle mass, body fat percentage, and calculates your Basal Metabolic Rate is the best way to set your initial fitness goals here at BPLA. The scan takes 10-15 minutes and we ask that this is done prior to class in order to get the most accurate read. Please schedule an appointment to use the InBody in your first week here.
What is the Membership Freeze + Cancellation Policy?
As of July 1, 2020 BPLA will no longer be offering non-medical holds or freezes on existing BPLA memberships. We understand that many of our members put a freeze on their accounts due to the impact of COVID-19 and now that our doors are open we would love to welcome you back. Please note that should you need to activate a hold for medical reasons documentation from a doctor must be provided and a maximum hold of 3 months will be assigned to the account. Holds will continue to put in place for pregnancies. For members choosing to cancel a BPLA membership we request a 30 day notice and please note that should you wish to return to the gym at a later increased membership rates may apply.
How Do I Use the MindBody App?
All BPLA members must sign up for class using the MindBody app. Should you need to cancel your reservation to class please do so at least 12 hours prior to the start of class or a $5 "No Show" fee will be automatically applied to your account. Please note if you sign up for a class but choose to also sign up for and attend an alternate class you must remember to cancel your prior reservation or the "No Show" fee will apply.
Can I leave a review for BPLA?
If I’m not a member can I drop in for a class? Does BPLA have class pack options?
Yes! BPLA offers non-members to drop in for classes at $30/ class. BPLA also offers class packs of 10, 15, and 20. Please email email@example.com for more info.
How old do you need to be to be a member at BPLA?
In order to sign up for the BPLA membership members need to be at least 18 years old. If you are younger than 18 please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our D1 Athlete Development program.
Does BPLA offer a way for me to track my heart rate?
Yes! Many of our members choose to purchase a MyZone heart rate tracker. Myzone is an innovative wearable heart rate based system that uses wireless and cloud technology to accurately and conveniently monitor physical activity. It is successful due to its accuracy at 99.4%. This is the tool for anyone who wants an accurate, gamified and motivating wearable. Myzone monitors heart rate, calories and time exercising that convert into Myzone Effort Points (MEPs), with a focus on rewarding effort rather than fitness. Myzone is the perfect fitness tracking software for tracking the 500-1000 calories burned in each class.
What type of classes does BPLA offer?
Through a blend of strength and cardiovascular training BPLA offers a variety of classes with the aim of our members becoming functionally fit. BPLA offers Blue STRENGTH (strength based), Blue FIT (cardio based), Blue RIP (hybrid), Weekend Warriors (Full Body), and Yoga.
What Makes BPLA Unique?
BPLA prides itself on our “Unique 10”
- Double trained: In addition to being certified personal trainers BPLA coaches go through a rigorous and specialized BPLA training program. At our weekly “Coach’s Corner” meetings we review programs to ensure our members are getting the best experience possible.
- Curated playlists: BPLA crew spends time each weekend programming new curated playlists for your classes. The BPLA crew realizes that getting jacked is a little easier when the music is on point. There’s nothing better than starting your morning with some BPLA beats.
- Cleanliness: The BPLA crew loves looking at our pristine facility. We take pride in having a clean + safe facility and appreciate the bi-weekly professional cleanings that BPLA crew member Raquel puts the facility through.
- Rockstar entry, Encore exit: BPLA is all about the Rockstar entry + Encore exit. When you walk through the doors of BPLA we’re here to amp you up for you class and when you walk out those doors after class we want to celebrate your success each and every time! If you’re looking for a little pick me up in your day, walk through the BPLA doors and you’ll see what we’re taking about.
- Quarterly Connect: BPLA loves connecting with our members. From using the InBody for initial goal setting sessions to meeting quarterly with our members to redefine goals the BPLA team is always working hard to keep you on a path to success. Whenever you’re interested in sitting down with a BPLA coach for a quarterly connection meeting let us know!
- Co-Coach: Having at least two coaches on the floor in the majority of our classes is the BPLA way. Not only does this allow for more detailed demos but it also allows for more individualized connection between our coaches and our members. It’s important to us that all of our members are learning and staying safe in the gym.
- Personalization: At BPLA we know that there’s no one way to achieve success. The roadmap that we create, The BPLAN for our members is personalized to them and their individual goals.
- Practice What We Preach: Throughout the week you’ll notice the BPLA coaches taking classes even when they’re not on the clock. It’s important for our coaches to practice what we preach and to be in the trenches with our members working hard, keeping ourselves accountable and staying committed to our goals.
- Active Coaching: The BPLA coaches take pride in being more than just cheerleaders and timers. Our coaches are on the floor to lead, instruct and provide feedback on form to ensure our members are training at the highest level while also being safe.
- Culture, Community, Connection: Training aside BPLA is all about Culture, Community, Connection. We know that when our members feels a part of something they are more excited to get into the gym, and more time spent in the gym around like minded achievers gets you closer to your goals.
Does BPLA offer Community Classes?
Yes! On the second Saturday of each month BPLA opens the gym to the community to come in and take a free class with the BPLA family. [DUE TO COVID PROTOCOLS PLEASE CONTACT FOR MORE CURRENT INFORMATION].
BPLA also knows that being an integral part of the South Bay community allows us the opportunity to give back when we can. BPLA hosts a quarterly donation based community workout with all proceeds benefiting a local cause connected to the BPLA community in some way.